Applying for the online UCT Postgraduate Diplomas, but don't have an undergraduate qualification?
The online Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Evaluation is designed to help you demonstrate that your industry experience has sufficiently prepared you for postgraduate-level programmes.
Here's what you need to know about the RPL Evaluation:
- Even if you have no formal undergraduate qualification, you can still apply for admission to the programme.
- Your application and letter of motivation will then be assessed, and, should you qualify, you will receive an email notifying you of your RPL eligibility, followed by an invoice for the fee of R1,200.
- Once you've made payment, you will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence, online, in order to gain access to the RPL Evaluation
- Once those supporting documents have been submitted via our online platform, you will then be automatically enrolled in the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) two-week Evaluation.
- This two-week Evaluation is presented entirely online, and consists of two modules: Evidence-Based Thinking, and Strategic Thinking.
Once you've paid for admission to this Evaluation, you will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence in order to gain access to the Virtual Learning Environment (the online platform where you will be engaging with your course material).
The portfolio of evidence will require you to submit the following documentation:
- A signed plagiarism declaration; and
- A completed RPL Questionnaire, including evidence of your work experience and a testimonial from one of your colleagues.
By paying for the Recognition of Prior Learning Evaluation, you agree to the Terms and Conditions specified in this RPL Evaluation Handbook.
A summary of what you can expect to encounter on the Evaluation is outlined in the infographic below:
Any questions? We'd be happy to help. Please contact us at email@example.com.